DuckCore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite breakdown?

+5
Baumli
Chuck Norris
Ben C.
IICJZII
cheese
9 posters

Go down

Favorite breakdown? Empty Favorite breakdown?

Post  cheese Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:18 pm

I gotta say the one at the end of Redeemer of flesh by Rose Funeral
cheese
cheese

Back to top Go down

Favorite breakdown? Empty Favourite Breakdown

Post  IICJZII Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Gotta be something by Thirteen Bled Promises or Impurity Of Mriya! Or something from Whitechapel's The Somatic Defilement!
IICJZII
IICJZII

https://www.facebook.com/IICJZII

Back to top Go down

Favorite breakdown? Empty Re: Favorite breakdown?

Post  Ben C. Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't know about of all time, probably something from Veil of Maya or Born of Osiris, but right now I love the breakdown at the end of Chapel by Sirens.

Or maybe the last 2 minutes or so of Hard Rain by This Horrible Machine. The instrumental break leading up to it makes it even better.
Ben C.
Ben C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Norris Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:19 pm

There's a breakdown in Medea Rising's Contempt. I really love that one.
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

http://compaan-art.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Baumli Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:32 pm

I can't pick just one. Haha.
Baumli
Baumli

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyInsomniacDSPS

Back to top Go down

Post  FATCUNTROLLER Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:02 am

Chuck Norris wrote:There's a breakdown in Medea Rising's Contempt. I really love that one.

When are those fuckers bringing out a new album? I cant fucking wait much longer!

FATCUNTROLLER

Back to top Go down

Post  FATCUNTROLLER Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:03 am

Well one of mine, would have to be Buried In Verona - Hanging Hoes By The Toes. YOUR FACE LOOKS BETTER BLEEDING!!!

FATCUNTROLLER

Back to top Go down

Post  ConnorArbiter Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:09 am

I don't know how open you guys are to shit other than deathcore but i just saw this and had to chime in, that my favorite breakdown and also the all time strangest weirdest dumbest breakdown i've ever heard is at 2:13 in Car Bomb's "Hypnotic Worm" it's so weird lol but i love it
ConnorArbiter
ConnorArbiter

https://www.facebook.com/ConnorArbiter

Back to top Go down

Post  an_epic_person Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:36 am

I'm not a 'breakdown whore' type of person (not saying any of you would be), but Dysphoria have excessive overflowing shitloads. The song "Caligula Bows Down", as everyone knows, is basically just one breakdown and it's so awesome. Observer - Fields of Affliction, the one in the end of the song, is nice too.

Oh, and the intro of Nephilim Arose - Vaults.

...even though now that I think about it, breakdowns are always nice, when they're used in the right way, and don't just pop out of nowhere and try to be all "this is the best part of the song". Though sometimes that's nice too. Laughing

By the way, is this also a 'questions about breakdowns' thread? Because at least I'm not exactly an expert at deathcore, so I don't know all the best bands with best/most brutal breakdowns.
Surely there has to be at least one song by one band, that has a breakdown that starts with a huge bass drop and extremely slow chugginess, with sample(s) of someone getting murdered/something, and instead of the typical crash/splash cymbals there'd be only ride cymbals. Is there?
an_epic_person
an_epic_person

http://www.myspace.com/baphomancer

Back to top Go down

Post  cheese Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:53 pm

ConnorArbiter wrote:I don't know how open you guys are to shit other than deathcore but i just saw this and had to chime in, that my favorite breakdown and also the all time strangest weirdest dumbest breakdown i've ever heard is at 2:13 in Car Bomb's "Hypnotic Worm" it's so weird lol but i love it

AWW yeah car bomb is awesome
cheese
cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  Baumli Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:42 pm

I figured out how I can accurately answer this question finally haha. As I mentioned in my introduction post, I am a co-creator of the CrazyInsomniac breakdown series... so if you want to know what my favorite breakdowns are, then just go watch the videos! Especially if you never have before!

I can't actually link you to it, but it's not hard to find our channel, just go to youtube and type in "Deathcore" and like 4 of our videos will be on the first page. The channel name is CrazyInsomniacDSPS. Wink
Baumli
Baumli

Back to top Go down

Post  cheese Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Baumli wrote:I figured out how I can accurately answer this question finally haha. As I mentioned in my introduction post, I am a co-creator of the CrazyInsomniac breakdown series... so if you want to know what my favorite breakdowns are, then just go watch the videos! Especially if you never have before!

I can't actually link you to it, but it's not hard to find our channel, just go to youtube and type in "Deathcore" and like 4 of our videos will be on the first page. The channel name is CrazyInsomniacDSPS. Wink

oh man, you create those videos? awesome!
cheese
cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  Baumli Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:10 pm

I do indeed. Me and my boy Garrett, that is. I do more of the searching for breakdowns to use, and he does more of the actual editing. Smile
Baumli
Baumli

Back to top Go down

Post  ScornHaven Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Mine has to be Death or Glory By Arbiter Laughing
ScornHaven
ScornHaven

Back to top Go down

Post  ConnorArbiter Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:55 pm

ScornHaven wrote:Mine has to be Death or Glory By Arbiter Laughing

YEAHHHH cheers
ConnorArbiter
ConnorArbiter

Back to top Go down

Post  ConnorArbiter Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:57 pm

cheese wrote:
ConnorArbiter wrote:I don't know how open you guys are to shit other than deathcore but i just saw this and had to chime in, that my favorite breakdown and also the all time strangest weirdest dumbest breakdown i've ever heard is at 2:13 in Car Bomb's "Hypnotic Worm" it's so weird lol but i love it

so so so agreed. I chat with Elliot the drummer every once in awhile and he's said their new album ^v^w^v^ has been in its final stages of production, they will start press for it soon to make their big awesome comeback after essentially taking a handful of years off. Here's hoping their sound will be a little more well-received this time around as the kids who were hoping to hear The Chariot back then weren't really ready for this whole choppy mathematical groove metal thing like I was haha king
ConnorArbiter
ConnorArbiter

Back to top Go down

Post  cheese Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:38 pm

ConnorArbiter wrote:
cheese wrote:

so so so agreed. I chat with Elliot the drummer every once in awhile and he's said their new album ^v^w^v^ has been in its final stages of production, they will start press for it soon to make their big awesome comeback after essentially taking a handful of years off. Here's hoping their sound will be a little more well-received this time around as the kids who were hoping to hear The Chariot back then weren't really ready for this whole choppy mathematical groove metal thing like I was haha king

Oh thank god, cant wait for the new album
cheese
cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down