DuckCore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jazz, blues, flamenco, classical, etc

Go down

Jazz, blues, flamenco, classical, etc Empty Jazz, blues, flamenco, classical, etc

Post  an_epic_person Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:11 am

Should be obvious from the thread title. The way I lumped all the genres together feels a bit weird, but since I don't want to start 50 threads during the first day I registered here... and nobody else has done any threads like this, so... why not? Surprised

In case it isn't obvious, well, then: a thread for jazz, blues, flamenco, classical, and other genres like that, which more often have acoustic guitar/violin/cello/bass, etc. You know what I mean. Non-metal genres that aren't any kind of electronic music or rock, etc.

Anyway, one of my favorite jazz musicians ever is Bob Culbertson. I mean, he's like a god with a chapman stick. Technically, though, calling him a 'jazz musician' is a bit wrong, since he also plays classical and blues, but you know what I mean. If you've never heard of him, go find his videos on youtube and your jaw will drop.

Even though he only plays classical songs (but doesn't compose any as far as I know), I'll have to mention Arto Wikla too, since he's finnish and really just almost everything sounds better when it's played by him, at least in my opinion. He also has videos on youtube, and uploads new ones pretty often. In one video, he made a face so epic that I literally laughed for over an hour. Not that it'd increase his skills of playing a lute, but it increases his epicness level by about 10. Cool

Lawson Rollins is the best flamenco guitarist ever. You can disagree all you want, since that's just my opinion.

If I'm the only person here who listens anything that fits into this thread, I'm not sure what to think... Laughing
an_epic_person
an_epic_person

http://www.myspace.com/baphomancer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum