DuckCore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh's Best Albums of 2011 Discussion

2 posters

Go down

Josh's Best Albums of 2011 Discussion Empty Josh's Best Albums of 2011 Discussion

Post  Ben C. Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Read the post here: http: http://duckcore.blogspot.com /2011/12/joshs-best-albums-of-2011.html

I agree with it for the most part, but I would have put Substructure, Born of Osiris, Oscillator, and Erra higher up in the rankings. I haven't listened to The Black Dahlia Murder's new album yet, so I don't know if it deserved the top spot, but I'll definitely download it and give it a listen, since it comes so highly recommended.

What do you guys think? Any albums that you think should have made it, but didn't? Post your own lists?

Ben C.
Ben C.

Back to top Go down

Josh's Best Albums of 2011 Discussion Empty Re: Josh's Best Albums of 2011 Discussion

Post  ScornHaven Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Didn't really agree with some of the things on it. The Black Dahlia Murder and Falluja of course have to be up there.
But wheres Aversions Crown? Gates of Punishment by Rose Funeral? Yeah it was sorta generic album, but it was well written and really death metal considering the stuff they released before...

I woulda have probly added Revocation, Fleshgod and volumes...
ScornHaven
ScornHaven

Back to top Go down

Josh's Best Albums of 2011 Discussion Empty Re: Josh's Best Albums of 2011 Discussion

Post  Ben C. Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:22 pm

ScornHaven wrote:Didn't really agree with some of the things on it. The Black Dahlia Murder and Falluja of course have to be up there.
But wheres Aversions Crown? Gates of Punishment by Rose Funeral? Yeah it was sorta generic album, but it was well written and really death metal considering the stuff they released before...

I woulda have probly added Revocation, Fleshgod and volumes...

Well that's the thing, I think Josh was trying to include a lot of music that contributed to the progression of metal, more than just straight up good albums, meaning a lot of the more generic/more popular stuff was kind of thrown out of the window. I would have included some of the more generic albums of the year, like Molotov Solution's new album, just because it's badass, but I believe he was trying to look past that. For example, Rose Funeral's new album (which I loved) was awesome, but did it really contribute to the progression of death metal? Not so much, in my opinion. Of course, I'm also a big fan of progressive metal, and that's why I agree with most of his list, but I also think that some of the bigger releases of the year deserved some spots on the list.
Ben C.
Ben C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down