DuckCore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Deathcore band you ever listened to?

+13
The Bro-Down
Mayhem Minutes
an_epic_person
ConnorArbiter
cheese
Luke_X
Sheesh
bilsonblinky
deathpeddler
Baumli
Chuck Norris
IICJZII
Ben C.
17 posters

Go down

First Deathcore band you ever listened to? Empty First Deathcore band you ever listened to?

Post  Ben C. Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Mine is All Shall Perish. First listened to Hate. Malice. Revenge. probably around 2004-2005.

Ben C.
Ben C.

Back to top Go down

First Deathcore band you ever listened to? Empty Re: First Deathcore band you ever listened to?

Post  IICJZII Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Haven't been listening to Deathcore for all that long, only really started listening to metal around two or three years ago. I think my first Deathcore band was Job For A Cowboy with the song Knee Deep from their Doom EP.
IICJZII
IICJZII

https://www.facebook.com/IICJZII

Back to top Go down

First Deathcore band you ever listened to? Empty Re: First Deathcore band you ever listened to?

Post  Chuck Norris Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:20 pm

All Shall Perish for me too I think. And Suicide Silence. Their first album.
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

http://compaan-art.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Baumli Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:31 pm

If you count Bring Me The Horizon's first album as Deathcore then them... If not, whitechapel!
Baumli
Baumli

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyInsomniacDSPS

Back to top Go down

Post  deathpeddler Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Arsonists Get All The Girls' This Time You're Gonna Get it Dirty Shirley.
I remember at the time I was in my friends car and he was like "check this out" but I was really into hardcore and jap music at the time so I paid no attention to it but a few months later I listened to their first cd and creamed myself.
deathpeddler
deathpeddler

Back to top Go down

Post  bilsonblinky Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:33 pm

I guess it was job for a cowboy, probably around 2006. A few weeks after I listened to the Doom ep, I went to a local show, where Thy Art is Murder played. They only had four songs at the time, and I still had no idea what deathcore was, but I guess that was the turning point.
bilsonblinky
bilsonblinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheesh Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:31 am

Bring Me The Horizon's first album.
Sheesh
Sheesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_X Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:23 am

ive been listening to odd songs here and there (as im much more into my death metal), but i didnt really pay any attention to it until between suicide silence's first and second albums. so they are probably the 'first' i listened to as i got both of their albums together.

Luke_X

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben C. Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:26 pm

I've actually barely listened to Suicide Silence or Bring Me the Horizon. My friends tried getting me into them, but I just wasn't that impressed. That was a few years back though, and since my musical tastes have broadened a lot since then, I might try listening to them both again.
Ben C.
Ben C.

Back to top Go down

Post  cheese Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Carnifex with their first album
cheese
cheese

Back to top Go down

Post  ConnorArbiter Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm

cheese wrote:Carnifex with their first album

same for me i think. i used to throw myself on the ground as hard as i could during the "Consume me with hate" breakdown lol.

Also, Nile's "Annihilation of the Wicked" album. You could argue that it's not deathcore but IMO it's more deathcore than deathcore EVER was hahaha. Seriously. that album crumbles the very pillars of the earth
ConnorArbiter
ConnorArbiter

https://www.facebook.com/ConnorArbiter

Back to top Go down

Post  an_epic_person Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Job for a Cowboy. I don't remember what song, but it was from the "Doom" EP and I heard it on the radio in 2006 or 2007 (more likely 2006, since my friend liked the band already and was surprised when I hadn't heard of them). Lame, I know. But before that, I had completely dismissed deathcore as 'fag music that sucks', then I realized that it isn't necessarily always that, even though I already then considered them to be more death metal than most of the deathcore bands, at least in terms of sounding good. Maybe I just couldn't accept that I liked a deathcore band yet. rabbit
an_epic_person
an_epic_person

http://www.myspace.com/baphomancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mayhem Minutes Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Job for a Cowboy's Doom when it first came out in 2005 :3
Mayhem Minutes
Mayhem Minutes

https://facebook.com/mayhemminutes , mayhemminutes.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bro-Down Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:49 pm

I remember back in 9th grade when I was 13, all of my friends loved deathcore, post-hardcore, metalcore, etc., and I was the one always telling them that their music was gay. All that changed when I heard Chelsea Grin's Desolation of Eden.

The Bro-Down

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Norris Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:07 pm

I downloaded my first metal- and deathcore through Limewire Razz
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

http://compaan-art.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrdunngoofd Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:44 am

Chelsea Grin-Cheyne Stokes. (Off the EP when it first came out) Not really my style anymore, but I loved it then.
Mrdunngoofd
Mrdunngoofd

https://facebook.com/mrdunngoofd

Back to top Go down

Post  stevenp Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Mrdunngoofd wrote:Chelsea Grin-Cheyne Stokes. (Off the EP when it first came out) Not really my style anymore, but I loved it then.

My first deathcore song was also by Chelsea Grin, but it was Crewcabanger.
stevenp
stevenp

http://www.megustareviews.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bilsonblinky Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Chuck Norris wrote:I downloaded my first metal- and deathcore through Limewire Razz

I remember trying to download entire albums off limewire, so tedious. Kids are so lucky these days.

Last edited by bilsonblinky on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
bilsonblinky
bilsonblinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Moorecore Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:57 am

Mine was All Shall Perish too they let me sing Hate, Malice, Revenge at their Halloween show on that tour

Moorecore

Back to top Go down

Post  deaduser666 Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Chuck Norris wrote:I downloaded my first metal- and deathcore through Limewire Razz

Yeah same here bro, I remember when I was like 9, I downloaded "From The Shallows - Icebox" in like 1999 lol!

Also: Whitechapel got me rele into the scene of Deathcore, those vox were amazing!

deaduser666

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down